- House – we are searching high and low for a house. The housing cost here has skyrocketed in the last 10 years making it very difficult to locate a house in a decent part of city and meeting our schooling and ministry needs. Housing here in Santiago is more expensive than all but 7 cities in the USA (NY, San Fran, LA, Chicago, Honolulu, Washington, and Miami according to https://mobilityexchange.mercer.com/Insights/cost-of-living-rankings). We have found out that no banks will approve a mortgage for us since our salary comes from outside of Chile. We are currently living with Naldy’s Parents on the second floor and would like to buy a house upon our return from furlough in 2020 unless God provides miraculously before then. Would you pray we would find a house in God’s timing and God’s place?
- Bank – as stated above it is very difficult to get a checking account here in Chile, without it one cannot get a mortgage. Would you pray for approval with a bank that gives us a good rate for a mortgage? It would be cheaper to buy a house outright, cash, but that is very unrealistic for us. There are many houses up for auction that are less than half the cost of similar houses but one must pay the bill 100% upfront with cash which we don’t have, making us dependent on finding a bank and getting a housing loan. UPDATE: We have been informed that it is next to impossible for us to find a bank that will give us a mortgage since I do not work for a company here in Chile. Please keep praying, we are now focusing on looking for someone or organization in the USA to give us an official loan.
- Work Laptop– we are still using our laptop that we traveled with to raise support, so far it has been great, but now that camp has started the need for a good computer that can handle video editing has become very evident. Computers are much more expensive here in Chile. Would you pray for God to provide a good video editing computer that we can use for the camp ministry? We have a desktop that is great, but now that the ministry has grown, a need for a portable laptop that we can have “on the ground” that can also edit video is becoming more essential? This would save us hours of time, energy and money.
- Dish Washer – it has become very hard to keep up with all the dishes because of having so many people over so many times. A dishwasher would help tremendously, although our current housing situation doesn’t allow, we hope to be able to get one when we buy a house. Would you pray for Gods provision for a dishwasher?
- Storage Container – storage units here are much more expensive than in the USA, 3 or 4 times more expensive. With all the items we built and bought for our camp ministry last summer we have a major storage need. We would like to buy a container that doubles as an office or cabin in the summer time. Of course if our future house had enough yard space we could build a shed and store the things there, but that might be out of our price range to buy a property with that kind of space and typically the housing is smaller here. Would you pray for God to provide storage space?
- Minivan or Large SUV – This has become a priority need since we found out that Naldy is pregnant with our 3rd child. Three car seats simply do not fit in our current vehicle. We also have a need to transport people and things quite often for the camp and church planting ministry, meaning we need a minivan or similar type vehicle. Diesel here is much cheaper than gas, almost haft the price. We have a small SUV diesel and absolutely love it, but we have grown out of it and need more room. There is no lemon-law here in Chile making it very difficult to find a good used car, and also prices are more than the USA, double and even triple the cost for a used vehicle. Would you pray for the opportunity and the funds to buy a diesel minivan or suburban style vehicle? We will sell our current vehicle to put towards buying this used car. We are praising God in advance for whatever He provides.
- Personal Monthly Support – We are currently under-supported by $4300 monthly. In July 2019, we plan on heading home for our first furlough as we will have been here for 4 years. Would you pray for God to lead us to people, families, churches and organizations that will support us financially on a monthly basis? Maybe you know of a friend, organization or church that you think would be a good fit and can recommend us to them? We absolutely love sharing about all God is doing here!
Thank you for praying for these needs! We know that God may not ever provide these and with that we are at peace, we also know that He desires His ministry to flourish and if these things can be used to honor Him and make Him known, then praise the Lord for His working!