Currently accepting donations for campers and camp workers for Summer 2023.
(Scroll down to see more)
Camper Scholarships: $120 for 2 campers for 1 week of camp Jan/Feb 2023. For the un-churched young person and also to the young believer who invites them to camp, inspiring GREAT COMMISSION LIVING and connecting them to a church before they ever come to camp. ONE SCHOLARSHIP SENDS TWO KIDS TO CAMP. You can give ONE or MORE THAN ONE or part of ONE. Be sure to designate it for camp scholarships.
Back in the summer of Jan/Feb 2020, we had 54 salvation decisions and many more spiritual growth decisions!! Praise the Lord. Many of the 54 young people who accepted Christ are a direct result of our scholarship program and many of them are underprivileged or at-risk.
This summer, Jan/Feb of 2021, through our virtual camp, we had over 1500 people attend our LIVE stream over two nights representing many more since families watch together and even some youth groups watched together. Praise the Lord His Word was proclaimed and we have heard about many who have taken steps in their spiritual walk because of the special virtual camp, even 2 accepted Christ after hearing the Gospel, and joined a private live stream for those who wanted to know more.
Camp Worker Scholarships: $250 per worker for the 4 weeks of camp summer 2022 (at Feb 2021 exchange rate). These are given to the young men and women who volunteer their time to work at camp, living out and sharing the Gospel in front of the young teen campers. Volunteers normally pay to be able to work with us.
So far God has allowed us to see 95 salvation decisions, 15 decided to go into full-time ministry, 50+ decided to take classes in a Baptist Seminary, and HUNDREDS of dedication decisions. We are also actively planning strategically located church plants and church planting pastor’s conferences.
1. Camp & Church Planting Center Property – We currently rent a different property every year, spending close to $20,000.00 (USD) the last two years just to rent the land. This year it will cost us $12,000 to rent the facilities, that is a sum of money that we pray by faith God will provide. God has done some great things as we go from property to property, in our last “in person” year just before the pandemic hit we had over 400 people come through and were only $5000 in the RED, almost financially independent! Would you pray for HIS provision for our own property? We are diligently keeping our eyes open and researching properties even though we do not have much $$ to buy a property. We are trusting in the LORD’S provision. If we are able to purchase a property, because we are a non-profit, there will not be property taxes nor taxes to pay annually, a great benefit, meaning we would only have to pay utilities! Please designate any donation for a property “FOR TA PROPERTY PURCHASE”.
2. Scholarships for Campers 2023 $120 for 2 scholarships ($7200)* (depending on the exchange rate) – We are planning 4 weeks of camp, 1 week is training for the 2023 summer in January and Feb. Would you consider providing for kids and teens that can’t afford to come to camp? Especially those who are not believers? Our program pays for the person who invites an unsaved person and also pays for the unsaved person so that they both come on scholarship. We hope to provide 20 scholarships per week, meaning 60 scholarships in total. Thank you for prayerfully considering this great need and ministry.
3. Sponsor a Volunteer 2023: $250 per volunteer ($7500)* – Our number of volunteers will also increase as we are looking to have over 100 volunteers. We don’t want them to pay to work for us, but we have to provide for them, their meals and training. To help with the cost we are looking for 30 scholarships to be given for these young adult workers. Thank you for considering this in prayer, this is also providing for those young people who are considering a future in full-time ministry. We will be charging a fee for the volunteers but we hope that we do not have to charge that fee.
These funds, for the 60 scholarships and 30 staff scholarships are open for anyone in the world to donate, Chileans are also donating. If we reach our goal, it would almost be enough to pay just the rental cost of the land for the summer of 4 weeks. It would not pay the food, utilities, games, transportation, speaker costs. We had over 400 people come through the camp during our last summer open and are expecting more this coming summer, we also have to make more bunks and make more steal framed tents/cabins if needed.
4. Purchase 10 Large Tents: $1500 – Because we are always on different rental sites, we have a 1/2 container that we truck into each site that stores all the camp items, games, bunk beds, large tents, ect. It’s time for a 2nd container as the 1st one is bursting from the seems. We also need provision to transport them each summer and rent out the space where we keep them during the year.
5. Make 20 more bunk beds: $2000 – We are in need of 4 more giant tent structures that we make ourselves and more bunk beds. We have two cabin structures and have been over capacity setting up overflow in small rooms. This last summer, January/February 2020, we had over 400 people come through in the 4 weeks we rented out the property. We would like to maintain the 4 weeks but hold more people. (We have even had to reject people because of capacity limits.)
6. 150 Bed Cushions – $3000* – God provided amazingly for the cost of buying/building bunk beds here in Chile, now we need to complete these beds with bed cushions. We currently have a certain cloth that serves as a sort of bunk bed hammock that will work for the next couple of years.
7. Bus Rental 2023: $2000 * – Renting a buses several times for 4 weeks of camp because the majority of the teens won’t be able to afford transportation to the camp which is an hour outside of Santiago. (P.S. pray for a property close enough to Santiago so that we don’t need this type of transportation in the future, they could use the city transportation.)
8. Travel & Lodging Expenses for Invited Speakers 2022: $2000 – Would you consider paying for speaking costs? This includes travel costs and lodging for 9 speakers spread out over 5 weeks. The camp speakers prepare for 8 sermons per week and staff speakers prepare for 3 sermons and counseling situations.
9. Big Screen TV/Industrial Projector – $1200 – We are in need of a Big Screen TV or Projector to project the sermons, lessons, songs, videos, and games which all needs to be able to be seen in the daylight, since we meet in open air, meaning it needs to be industrial strength. Help us teach God’s Word through a TV or Projector.
10. Tools – $3000 – we are beginning to build up our own “tool kit” and want to take advantage of the prices while we are in the USA. Tools cost way more in Chile. We have major set up and take down work every summer along with constructing and tearing down stage, decorations, and large scale games requiring us to borrow tools.
11. Legal Costs – $3000 – We are in talks setting up the camp as a non-profit and also protecting the name, logo, and songs that have been written just for Tierra Alta.
Thank You For Considering Supporting Our Camp Financially and Prayerfully. To God Be the Glory. What a privilege it is to depend on you for the establishment of a camp that can be sustained on its own in the future!
Your donation is a tax-deductible donation because it is going through a non-profit organization IBM Global (www.IBMGlobal.org)
Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts. We are simply amazed and humbled by your generosity and count it a privilege to be your hands and feet on the front lines. Please keep praying for us and for the ministry God has called us: Starting Churches through Camp Ministries in Santiago, Chile.
May God bless you richly,
Jared & Naldy Park