Currently accepting donations for campers and camp workers for Summer 2021.
Camper Scholarships: $100 for 2 campers for 1 week of camp Jan/Feb 2021. For the un-churched young person and also to the young believer who invited them to camp, inspiring Great Commission Living and connecting them to a church before they ever come to camp. ONE scholarship sends two kids to camp. You can give ONE or MORE or part of ONE. Be sure to designate it for camp scholarships. This last summer Jan/Feb 2020, we had 54 salvation decisions and many more spiritual growth decisions!! Praise the Lord. Many of the 54 young people who accepted Christ are a direct result of our scholarship program!
Camp Worker Scholarships: $200 per worker for the 4 weeks of camp summer 20201 (at Feb 2020 exchange rate). These are given to the young men and women who volunteer their time to work at camp, living out and sharing the Gospel in front of the young teen campers. Volunteers normally pay to be able to work with us.
So far God has allowed us to see 95 salvation decisions, 15 decided to go into full-time ministry, 50+ decided to take classes in a Baptist Seminary, and HUNDREDS of dedication decisions. This least year, 2 couples took steps of faith, are resigning their jobs to focus full-time in our church planting ministry, we are actively planning 2 new church plants!
Camp Needs: Please pray for the following needs.
1. Camp & Church Planting Center Property – We currently rent a different property every year, spending close to $20,000.00 (USD) the last two years just to rent the land. God has done some great things as we go from property to property, this year we had over 400 people come through and were only $5000 in the black, almost financially independent! Would you pray for HIS provision for our own property? We are diligently keeping our eyes open and researching properties even though we do not have much $$ to buy a property. We are trusting in the LORD’S provision. If we are able to purchase a property, because we are a non-profit, there will not be property taxes nor taxes to pay annually, a great benefit, meaning we would only have to pay utilities! To donate specifically towards a property, you may designate it “for property”.
2. Scholarships for Campers 2021 $100 for 2 scholarships ($6000) * (depending on the exchange rate) – We are planning 4 weeks of camp for the 2021 summer in January and Feb. Would you consider providing for kids and teens that can’t afford to come to camp? Especially those who are not believers? Our program pays for the person who invites an unsaved person and also pays for the unsaved person so that they both come on scholarship. We hope to provide 20 scholarships per week, meaning 60 scholarships in total. Thank you for prayerfully considering this great need and ministry.
3. Sponsor a Volunteer 2021: $200 per volunteer ($6000)* – Our number of volunteers will also increase as we are looking to have over 100 volunteers. We don’t want them to pay to work for us, but we have to provide for them, their meals and training. To help with the cost we are looking for 30 scholarships to be given for these young adult workers. Thank you for considering this in prayer, this is also providing for those young people who are considering a future in full-time ministry, we currently have four taking seminary classes! We will be charging a fee for the volunteers but we hope that we do not have to charge that fee.
4. Bus Rental 2021: $2000 * – Renting a buses several times for 3 weeks of camp because the majority of the teens won’t be able to afford transportation to the camp which is an hour outside of Santiago. (P.S. pray for a property close enough to Santiago so that we don’t need this type of transportation in the future, they could use the city transportation.)
5. Travel & Lodging Expenses for Invited Speakers 2021: $1500 – This was an expense we had to take on ourselves this last year and are paying it off still. Would you consider paying for speaking costs? This includes travel costs and lodging for 3 sets of speakers.
6. Buying Storage Container: $4500 – Because we are always on different rental sites, we have a 1/2 container that we truck into each site that stores all the camp items, games, bunk beds, large tents, ect. It’s time for a 2nd container as the 1st one is bursting from the seems. We also need provision to transport them each summer and rent out the space where we keep them during the year.
7. Camp T-Shirts for all Staff with Camp Logo: $1200
8. Printing Costs: $1000
9. Tents for Workers to Stay In: $2000
10. Legal Costs – $3000 – We are in talks setting up the camp as a non-profit and also protecting the name and logo.
11. Purchase of tools – $2000 – we are beginning to build up our own “tool kit”.
12. 100 Bed Cushions – $3000* – God provided amazingly for the cost of buying/building bunk beds here in Chile, now we need to complete these beds with bed cushions. We currently have a certain cloth that serves as a sort of bunk bed hammock that will work for the next couple of years.
13. Big Screen TV – $800* – We are in need of a Big Screen TV and stand to project the sermons, lessons, songs, videos, and games which all needs to be able to be seen in the daylight, since we meet in open air, meaning it needs to be industrial strength. Help us teach God’s Word through a TV and a TV Stand
Thank You For Considering Supporting Our Camp Financially and Prayerfully. To God Be the Glory. What a privilege it is to depend on you for the establishment of a camp that can be sustained on its own in the future!
Your donation is a tax-deductible donation because it is going through a non-profit organization IBM Global (www.IBMGlobal.org)
Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts. We are simply amazed and humbled by your generosity and count it a privilege to be your hands and feet on the front lines. Please keep praying for us and for the ministry God has called us: Starting Churches through Camp Ministries in Santiago, Chile.
May God bless you richly,
Jared, Naldy, Tomas, Kelcy & Annelise Park