We are currently accepting donations for camper scholarships and for camp worker scholarships. Would you prayerfully consider supporting a camper or camp worker? Click on the button below and then go to the “Make a Donation” button to give towards scholarships or other camp needs.
Camper Scholarships: $70 per camper for one week of camp summer 2019. These are given to the young person who is not “churched” and also to the young believer who invited them to camp, spurring on the Great Commision.
Camp Worker Scholarships: $100 per worker for the 3 weeks of camp summer 2019. These are given to the young men and women who volunteer their time to work at camp, living out and sharing the Gospel in front of the young teen campers.
So far God has allowed us to see 28 salvation decisions, 11 decided to go into full-time ministry, 34 decided to take classes in a Baptist Seminary, and 15 dedication decisions.
Camp Needs: Please pray for the following needs.
1. Camp & Church Planting Center Property – $1,650,000.00 – There is a particular property of 42 acres available with city water, well water, irrigation, easy access, city transportation, electricity, and within 25 min of the center of Santiago, and only 15 min from the airport. This is by far the cheapest price we have seen in over 2 years as we have seen over 20 properties, but none of them checked all the boxes like this one.
2. Scholarships for Campers 2019: $70 per scholarship ($2800) * (depending on the exchange rate) – We are planning 3 weeks of camp for the 2019 summer in January and Feb. Would you consider providing for kids and teens that can’t afford to come to camp? Especially those who are not believers? Our program pays for the person who invites an unsaved person and also pays for the unsaved person so that they both come for free. We hope to provide 20 scholarships per week, meaning 40 scholarships in total. Thank you for prayerfully considering this great need and ministry.
3. Sponsor a Volunteer 2019: $100 per volunteer ($2000)* – Our number of volunteers will also increase as we are looking to have over40 volunteers. We don’t want them to pay to work for us, but we have to provide for them, their meals and training. To help with the cost we are looking for 20 scholarships to be given for these young adult workers. Thank you for considering this in prayer, this is also providing for those young people who are considering a future in full-time ministry, we currently have four taking seminary classes! We will be charging a fee for the volunteers but we hope that we do not have to charge that fee.
4. Bus Rental 2019: $2400 * – Renting a buses several times for 2 weeks of camp because the majority of the teens won’t be able to afford transportation to the camp which is an hour outside of Santiago. (P.S. pray for a property close enough to Santiago so that we don’t need this type of transportation in the future, they could use the city transportation.)
5. Travel & Lodging Expenses for Invited Speakers 2019: $2000 – This was an expense we had to take on ourselves this last year and are paying it off still. Would you consider paying for speaking costs? This includes travel costs and lodging for 3 sets of speakers.
6. Buying Storage Container: $3000
7. Camp T-Shirts for all Staff and Campers with Camp Logo 2019: $1200 (promotion for future)
8. Printing Costs 2019: $1000
9. Tents for Workers to Stay In: $2000
10. Legal Costs – $600
11. Purchase of tools – $2000 – we are beginning to build up our own “tool kit”.
12. 100 Bed Cushions – $3000* – God provided amazingly for the cost of buying/building beds here in Chile, now we need to complete these beds with bed cushions.
13. Digital Projector – $3000* – We are in need of a digital projector to project the sermons, lessons, songs, videos, and games. This particular projector needs to be able to be seen in the daylight, since we meet in open air, meaning it needs to be industrial strength. Help us teach God’s Word through this projector.
Thank You For Considering Supporting Our Camp Financially and Prayerfully. To God Be the Glory. What a privilege it is to depend on you for the establishment of a camp that can be sustained on its own in the future!
Your donation is a tax-deductible donation because it is going through a non-profit organization IBM Global (www.IBMGlobal.org)
Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts. We are simply amazed and humbled by your generosity and count it a privilege to be your hands and feet on the front lines. Please keep praying for us and for the ministry God has called us: Starting Churches through Camp Ministries in Santiago, Chile.
May God bless you richly,
Jared, Naldy, Tomas & Kelcy Park